Re: Topband: DX-Enginneering Active Antenna System

To: "'Bill Tippett'" <btippett@alum.mit.edu>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DX-Enginneering Active Antenna System
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 10:58:25 -0400
> P.S.  K7TJR's controller is only $150 but it does not have the
> capability of switching over coax.  If I had known about it before I
> got a used DXE controller, I would probably have gone with it instead.

Assuming the technology of the K7JTR 4 sq controller is the same
as his 8 antenna design it is a single band design where the DXE
(W8JI) controller uses crossfire phasing which works on both 160
and 80 meters.

The "phasing" part of the W8JI design was on Tom's web site for
a very long time.  The design is not too difficult for a good
home builder.  The most complex parts are the transformers and
anyone who has built their own Beverage units will have no
problems.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV