Re: Topband: RECEIVING ANTENNAS

To: topband@contesting.com, k1qx@arrl.net, Edward Swynar <gswynar@durham.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: RECEIVING ANTENNAS
From: Mike Waters W0BTU <mrscience65704@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 10:09:56 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Edward Swynar <gswynar@durham.net>
> Perchance, that wasn't featured in an APRIL issue of QST
> magazine sometime ago, was it...?!   :>)

> From: "Mike Waters W0BTU" <mrscience65704@yahoo.com>
> > I read somewhere where you can prevent ice buildup on
> > a Beverage by coating it with used motor oil before the ice storm
> > with a paint roller. Can anyone verify this?

Hello Eddy,

Well, it might sound like it. But I'm absolutely certain I read it, even though
I can't find it now in a Google search. The oil made the water run off the wire
like water off a duck's back, before it could freeze.

If we get ice again, and the pre-coating of oil doesn't work, then maybe we can
turn the entire Beverage into a big heating element and melt it off. :-)

73 Mike