Topband: 2. Re: Tall vertical construction ideas?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 2. Re: Tall vertical construction ideas?
From: "Larry Pasman" <lrpmbt@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 17:32:32 -0400
You might want to try a Battle Creek Special or Battle Creek Trapper. I built
one this summer for 40/80/160 operation. The 40/80 sections are vertical and
the 160 is inverted L. Its very easy to make the traps and the antenna works at
least as well as a inverted L. It can be made in 40/80/160 or 80/160. Very
cheap. So far this season I have worked VK3,YL5 DL5, JA7 and VQ9 (80)on it. It
gives the versatility of 3 bands if you so desire in no more than putting up an
inverted L. So far I am very pleased with the results and works great for my
small lot situation.

73 Larry W8VVG