Re: Topband: Wire type in two direction beverage system

To: Toni Lindén <oh2ua@oh2u.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Wire type in two direction beverage system
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbs@surfvi.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 07:06:17 -0400

Toni Lindén wrote:
> Hi all!
>

> I'd like to know what kind of a difference the transmission line impedance
> makes in two way beverage system?

Toni,

I have found that the solid wire ladder line from Wireman lasts long.
However, I have converted to WD-1A military telephone wire which is
inexpensive on eBay in large spools.  In this case I use the KD9SV
matching transformers.  I have both DXE and WD-1A reversibles in the
same direction and do not notice any appreciable difference in
performance.  However, my location is in the tropics where QRN is the
main limiting factor on weak signal DX reception.

73

Herb, KV4FZ