Re: Topband: K9AY phased array- AN APOLOGY

To: "Tracey Gardner" <tracey.gardner@talktalk.net>, "La7tha" <la7tha@tussa.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: K9AY phased array- AN APOLOGY
From: "G4GED Dave" <radiodave.g4ged@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 08:27:22 -0000
From: "Tracey Gardner" <tracey.gardner@talktalk.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: K9AY phased array

> Did you get a prototype/trial version of Andy Ikin's K9AY phased array in
> 2007, as I was under the impression that he had only recently produced
> this array in 2009?

Thanks Tracey for your prompt and apologies to all for causing any
confusion.

My Wellbrook is the original single loop K9AY array.
I was not aware of the new "phased array" which I'd wrongly assumed was the
regular K9AY!

Nevertheless, I'd expect to have the same problems at this QTH due to
proximity to the TX antenna. Pennants and flags don't work here either :-(
Thankfully my couple of stealth Bevs and mag loop do, and very well! :-)

Good Luck for those giving it a try es Gd DX
73 Dave