Topband: 1600 Pf variable capacitor @ 15KV

To: "Topband Reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 1600 Pf variable capacitor @ 15KV
From: "Dennis Peterson" <dennisissure@comporium.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 13:37:17 -0400
Hello guys, I am about to convert my inv-L antenna from a multiband inv-L to
strictly a 160 inv-L antenna.

Currently the L uses a 4.5" diameter coil form with 4 turns of #14 insulated
copper wire spaced .5" appart and using a relay system to switch the coil in
and or out for 10-80 meter operation.

I want to put the capacitor in series but am stumbling with the placement.
Should the series cap be placed in the common line comming to the relay or in
the NC line that connects the top of the loading coil to the antenna?

Also, will it be necessary to remove the loading coil if using the capacitor?

The total length of the inv-L antenna wire is 136 feet.  90 feet vertical and
46 feet horizontal.  Fed with RG-214 coax and a common mode choke wound with 12
turns on a 4 1/2 inch diameter PVC water conduit.

I am hoping to do all of this yet this afternoon or in the morning.

Can anyone offer any comments or suggestions?

de K0CKDennis

Dennis G. Peterson
326 East Jefferson Street
Apt 2
York, SC  29745
803-389-9366

Read my story below by clicking the URL:

http://www.yananow.net/Mentors/DennisD.htm