Topband: common mode choke at the tuner or amplifier

To: "Topband Reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: common mode choke at the tuner or amplifier
From: "Dennis Peterson" <dennisissure@comporium.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 17:33:57 -0400
How many turns required and what diameter form would be required for coax style
1478 which is basically QUAD SHIELD of 2 braids and 2 foils each silver plated
with a #12 silver plated center conductor?

I already have one common mode choke at the antenna (inv-L) feedpoint using the
same coax and the common mode choke wound on a 4.5" diameter PVC form using 12
tunrs.  The coax length is 40 feet plus 20 feet or so in order to make up the
turns on the coil.

I want to place one at either the tuner or amplifier output.  Is this necessary
or is this over kill?

If there is a chart that shows this or describes this, I'd like to obtain a
copy.

Thanks in advance

de K0CKDennis

Dennis G. Peterson
326 East Jefferson Street
Apt 2
York, SC  29745
803-389-9366

Read my story below by clicking the URL:

http://www.yananow.net/Mentors/DennisD.htm