Re: Topband: Common mode chokes

To: Thomas Damboldt <Thomas.Damboldt@T-Online.de>
Subject: Re: Topband: Common mode chokes
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 17:29:41 -0400
I think the problem with that is that your active antenna will then be
receiving a lot of crud from various sources in your ham-shack.  It's
amazing how much noise I get at close range from my transceivers.  I see
common mode suppression as a way to be *able* to use a long feedline to
get the antenna away from all that.

73, Pete