Re: Topband: Dual feed for Pennants

To: "Greg - ZL3IX" <zl3ix@inet.net.nz>, "Topband Reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Dual feed for Pennants
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 10:46:55 -0700
On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 20:41:39 +1200, Greg - ZL3IX wrote:

>Several guys have told me that they have not managed to get this idea of
>running the coax between the arms of the antenna, to work. I have also
>realised that I would need two relays, or a 4PDT relay, as I would need
>to isolate the grounds as well.

To take the coax out of the equation, you simply need to apply monster
multi-turn chokes to the coax. See the Cookbook in my tutorial for winding
details. In this application, I would try to achieve 10K impedance at
frequencies of interest. This may require multiple chokes in series. No
problem -- theyre cheap. :)  Just dont forget to include the length of
coax wound on the cores when figuring the length of the feedlines for
phasing purposes. The cores do NOT change anything -- the coax is simply
additive.

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

73,

Jim K9YC