Topband: De K1ZM - Discounted family vacation opportunities on Cape Cod

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: De K1ZM - Discounted family vacation opportunities on Cape Cod and VY2
From: K1ZM@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 08:40:18 EDT

Hi Gang and many thanks for reading this message.

My wife Miriam and I have begun the process of taking down the K1ZM 160M  &
contest station in New York and we are now focusing our energies on the
migration to Cape Cod and Prince Edward Island as our permanent homes.

As part of that process we are opening a new chapter in our lives and are
becoming vacation property owners and managers.  As of June 1, 2009, we are
making available for summer seasonal rentals our property just off Pleasant
Bay  in South Orleans on Cape Cod, Mass and a new condominium property on
the  waterfront in Charlottetown which is the capital city of Prince Edward
Island in Maritime Canada.

Both locations are simply wonderful places to enjoy a family vacation and
we especially wanted to offer our 160m lowband and contesting friends in
amateur  radio the chance to experience this opportunity at a sizable discount
over those  prices that will be offered to the general public.

Here are some highlights in summary form:

Cape Cod - South Orleans, Mass
1) The property is 300 yards from a private sandy beach on Pleasant Bay
(the warmest water on Cape Cod!)
2) Sleeps 6 comfortably - in 3BR - with space for a 7th being possible
using a fold-out sofa bed
3) Includes high-speed and wireless internet and complimentary telephone
service to the continental US and Canada (you'll need to bring your laptop!)
-  Cable TV service is available in 4 rooms. Cell coverage is excellent from
this  location.
4) Has an outdoor shower with hot and cold water and a lovely gazebo for
relaxing afternoon teas
5) Includes a screened 3 season porch and a barbecue deck for outdoor
grilling
6) The site is very private at the end of a peninsula yet 5-10  minutes
from everything that matters
7) Rentals are from Saturday to Saturday only - check in 3:30PM -  check
out 11:00AM

Fine Print:  No smoking/No pets/Amateur radio not available - this is
intended as a family vacation opportunity/A rental contract and a security
deposit are required at the time of booking/You bring your own linens and
towels
 to this place - but everything else is provided otherwise for family
housekeeping.

Pricing: June $850  per week (discounted from $1200 to the General  Public)
             July/August $1500 per week (discounted from $1800-$2000 to the
General  Public)
             September $850 per week (discounted from $1200 to the General
Public)
            October  $750 per week (discounted from $1000 to the General
Public)
            All  prices shown here are quoted in US dollars.

You may view this property in more detail at
_http://www.americanheritagerealty.com_
(http://www.americanheritagerealty.com/)
First click on "Properties to Rent" on the homepage, then click on  "Rental
Search" and enter property ID#17141 to go to the specific page  describing
this property.

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Maritime Canada

1) This property is a 2BR/2BA 1132SF condominium situated directly on  the
waterfront in Maritime Canada's most attractive capital city - views of the
waterfront district can be seen from every window - including when one is
lying  in bed.
2) Cruise ships dock several times a week directly outside the bedroom
windows and the Charlottetown yacht club is going to relocate to this area in
the near future.
3) This property sleeps 4 comfortably in two queen beds with a 5th  being
possible on a living room sofa that can be made up
4) Includes high speed and wireless internet (a desktop is provided in the
MBR - but bring your laptop if you wish to use the wireless elsewhere or on
the  two balconies overlooking the water. Cable TV is provided in 3 rooms
(the three  major US networks are Boston, MA affiliates).  Complimentary
telephone  service is provided to the mainland USA and Canada (less
territories).   Cell coverage is excellent from this location.
5) Includes two elevated balconies with sitting areas overlooking the
waterfront - one has an electric barbecue for grilling
6) The location is a 5-7 minute walk to everything that matters including
antique stores, fine restaurants, shopping at the downtown Confederation
Court  Mall, live theatre, outdoor dining bistros in Victoria Row, etc
7) At this property, linens and towels are provided along with everything
needed for family housekeeping.
8) Saturday to Saturday rentals are required with check in at 3:30PM and
check out at 11:00AM.
9) A rental contract and a security deposit is required for this property
payable at the time of booking.

Fine Print: No smoking/No Pets - On-site amateur radio is not available
here (this too is a family vacation opportunity!)  However, if  interested, a
daytime tour of VY2ZM can easily be arranged during your  stay.  There also
exists an "add-on" opportunity to rent space  for a night at our Bed &
Breakfast home on the North Shore in  Monticello in order to experience the
low-bands at night from Maritime Canada  (you won't believe your ears even in
summer.)

Pricing:  June $850 week (discounted from $1100 to the General  Public)
              July/August $1500 week (discounted from $2100 to the General
Public)
              September $850 week (discounted from $1100 to the General
Public)
              Add-on at VY2ZM B & B site in Monticello - $100 per room per
night - 2 per  room - Breakfast Incl.

All prices are quoted in US dollars.

You may view this property in more detail at _http://www.vrbo.com_
(http://www.vrbo.com/)  - at the homepage enter  property# 239538.
You may also view this property at
_http://www.peivacationsonthewaterfront.com_
(http://www.peivacationsonthewaterfront.com/)   - our personal website.

How to proceed:

If you would like to act on either of these opportunities, please email me
directly at _K1ZM@aol.com_ (mailto:K1ZM@aol.com)  for availability and/or
more  information.  You may also call me at 845 227 5108.

PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW THE GENERAL PUBLIC INSTRUCTIONS ON THE VARIOUS
WEBSITES!  I'LL BE PLEASED TO PROVIDE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS AS TO HOW TO
PROCEED
IF YOU WISH TO MAKE A BOOKING.

Please note that on Cape Cod, the week of July 11th - July 18th has already
 been taken.  Our rental arrangements and websites have just gone live and
are now in the public domain and bookings can occur at any time - so if you
have  a real interest in either of these opportunities, please call or
email me  directly to proceed.  I should have a good handle on what is
available
 as bookings progress.

Many thanks for taking the time to look over this material.  Hope to  see
some of our 160m and contesting friends this summer.

73 JEFF and MIRIAM BRIGGS

K1ZM/VY2ZM

_K1ZM@aol.com_ (mailto:K1ZM@aol.com)

(http://www.whereitsat.com/?ncid=emlwenew00000004)