Re: Topband: Fwd: Probably-dumb question re current mode chokes on RX an

To: "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Fwd: Probably-dumb question re current mode chokes on RX antennas
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 16:15:39 -0700
On Tue, 19 May 2009 20:54:03 -0400, Bill Tippett wrote:

>Here's a more compact and still inexpensive approach to building a current
>mode choke for receiving or low power transmitting:

Nothing wrong with it, but the common mode impedance curve is strongly
influenced by the physical size of the core, the transmission line, and the
winding details. If you're prepared to wind some designs and measure them,
be my guest. The performance of my designs is documented in the pdf on my
website. I've seen no specifications or measured data for any of the DXE
products, and the DXE I've measured myself have not been impressive.

73,

Jim K9YC