Re: Topband: Titanex parts

To: Joe - K8FC <k8fc@k8fc.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Titanex parts
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 19:01:04 -0400

Joe - K8FC wrote:
> Folks, I am trying (in vain) to obtain some Titanex V160S elements (top two)
> to repair my severely damaged vertical.  I have struck out both with email
> and phone calls to Titanex in Germany.  Specifically I need the three meter
> 20mm OD tube and the three meter 18mm top tube.
>

> I know there are a lot of these in use and there must be parts somewhere.
>
> If you can help with any information I would be very grateful.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Joe K8FC

Joe, I was trying to contact them several months ago, but without
success.  I am told that they're not that responsive to customer
inquiries or, at least, very slow to answer.  This was the advice that I
got from a German ham:

/Joe,
may be it is a better way to contact Carsten, DL6LAU. He is a
distributor for Titanex in Northern Germany.
www.appello.de
So he might be a better way to get information in a short time.
I like the Titanex antennas but a better service may be a positive sign...
73 and hope to hear you on topband!
vy 73s, Andi, DL7ZZ /

73, Joe
K2XX