Topband: FK8CP

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: FK8CP
From: alan eshleman <oakame@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 13:04:53 -0700 (PDT)
For many of us, Remi, FK8CP, was our first (and only) topband QSO with FK8

What follows is an edited  (for English context) version of a letter he
enclosed with his QSL card.  I apologize for the bandwidth if this has already
been posted.

I am having problems with reception on 160 due to 15 kV power lines and to the
general city and industrial noise.

In the 1990s [when he lived in a more rural area] I spent a great deal of time
improving reception.  I had, at that time, twelve 250 M  Beverages.
Unfortunately, I now live on a small city lot.  My noise is high…

I am looking for reasonably priced parts and accessories, including:

*Relays and parts for detuning my transmitting antenna during reception
*A noise canceller
*A front end protector or T/R sequencer
*A preamplifier
*Hardware for a short Beverage or for short loops
*An antenna analyzer
*Efficient RFI filters for 160

Please contact me at:

Remi Touzard