Topband: Feeding a EWE receiving antenna

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Feeding a EWE receiving antenna
From: "allan1 dejazzd.com" <allan1@dejazzd.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 23:45:20 -0400
I am considering putting up a EWE antenna for 160/80.
In the February 1995 QST the author indicates that the 160m EWE antenna can be
fed from the bottom.

In the 160m diagram-bottom feeding-the impedance matching xmfr;is at the bottom
of one leg while the terminating resistor is at the bottom of the other leg
grounded.

In the top fed model the transformer and resistor are at the top of their
respective legs.

My question: The author shows the 160/80 antenna being bottom fed. My XYL
doesn't want any wires or cables;on or near the ground.

Is there any problem in top feeding as he does for the single band antenna?

Thanks
Allan W2TN