Topband: Boring Report - 2 March

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Boring Report - 2 March
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 11:05:33 -0800
February was mostly a poor month for us in the Pacific Northwest for European
openings.  It was as if the band took the month of February off to receover
from the great conditions we had during the CQ 160 CW contest in January.

However, last night - the band was open for an hour or two with some pretty
strong signals.  Furthurmore - it seemed that many parts of Europe were
coming through - and mostly over the pole as well (which indicates this
opening probably didn't make it down to the SouthWest).

Managed to work several new stations - which is always fun.  My QSO with SP1S
was confirmmed via LOTW less than one hour after it took place.

Countries worked included SM (one on SSB!), OH, YL, SP, DL, I, UR, OK, PA and
CT3.

Hopefully we will get to enjoy some more good openings like this during the
next month.

Some stations from the USA managed to work SV9.  No copy here however.

73 Tree N6TR
Boring, OR