Re: Topband: RW0CN Post SR peak

To: "VE3MGY" <vy2mgy@sympatico.ca>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: RW0CN Post SR peak
From: "Herbert Schoenbohm" <herbs@surfvi.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 16:01:43 -0400
Brian Wrote

> RW0CN was a 559 here in VE3 this morning at SR+ 5 minutes.

UA0 is one of the most difficult paths for me out here in the Eastern
Caribbean as the signal path goes through the seemingly non-penetrable polar
region.  Yet today I worked, among a bunch of new JA's , UA0CW, RW0CR,
RW0CF, RW0CN and the all called me before the mainland opening at local
Virgin Island sunrise.  All had excellent stable signals and most were
stronger than the JA's also calling me.  Each one of these stations was in
or near Khabarovsk which is only 30 miles from Manchuria (China)on the Amur
river.

My question is:   Are there any active stations in this Northwest region of
China? It seems southern China topbanders active during my 1030Z to 1105
sunrise period although Paul VS6DO was easy to work from Hong Kong a decade
ago at this time.

Herb, KV4FZ