Topband: Beverage coax grounding

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Beverage coax grounding
From: W5UN <w5un@wt.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 21:14:23 +0000
Since putting up the full size 160 meter 4-square some years ago, I
have been very disappointed with my three 2-way Beverages. They
always fall short of what the 4-square can do on receiving. I plan to
convert these Beverages to single wire one-way to see if this
improves the receiving situation to the east, northeast, and northwest.

My question concerns grounding. Should the incoming 75 ohm coax have
its shield grounded at the 9:1 transformer termination point, or
should it remain floating at that point? Any experience out there
about this? If so, your comments will be appreciated.

73, Dave, W5UN
www.w5un.net

new website location: www.w5un.net