Re: Topband: Beverage termination resistor source

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage termination resistor source
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 09:59:53 -0500
        Many have been using Ohmite OY series ceramic composition
resistors.  K0HA first made a post about these in January 1999.  Now
Array Solutions, DX Engineering and possibly others are using them
because of their high surge capacity.  I've had many 2W carbon comp
resistors disintegrate due to induced lightning surges but I've never
had that happen with the OY series.

http://www.ohmite.com/catalog/pdf/ox_oy_series.pdf

Array Solutions now offers a 10W version made by a combination of OY resistors.

http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/singlewirebeverage.htm#top%20of%20pag

Newark has the 2W OY series available for $1.15 each.  The 470 ohm
version is shown below:

http://www.newark.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?SKU=64K5431

                                        73,  Bill  W4ZV