Topband: Receive Antenna Question

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Receive Antenna Question
From: "wb0m@flashdog.us" <wb0m@flashdog.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 10:38:12 -0600
Hi Everyone,
   For the upcoming ARRL CW DX contest I will probably go portable
again to a camping cabin and this year I want to try a receive antenna
for 160 and 80 meters.
My question is: can I use a simple antenna switch and go from A to B
when using my IC-7000 (which doesn't have a receive antenna port).
Since this is a portable and once-and-awhile endeavor I don't want to
spend a lot of cash, but will there be enough isolation between the
xmit antenna and the receive antenna? Any thoughts? Tnx &  73, Jeff/wb0m