Topband: Bev worked EU's

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Bev worked EU's
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 21:49:08 -0600
I wanted to say thanks to EVERYONE who sent me emails and gave advice on
transmit antennas and the new short beverage antenna.

I had some time to work in the contest this weekend and have never been more
pleased at least not until next year Hi Hi

I could not get up the invL for transmit so I used my newly erected 80 meter
dipole and my MFJ 949B Tuner, as a T under the
direction of someone on this reflector using a very good ground stake at the
shack (no ground radials however).

That along with the short beverage,
I was actually able to hear more than I worked for a change.

But the main point is I did work Europe finally.

If your still waiting to put something up for 160 stop waiting throw your ideas
up here on this reflector and just do something,
then report the results to this reflector and adjust accordingly.

I worked 46 states and I actually worked
nine DX stations including three EU's:

Almost fell out of my chair on the first two
France TM6M
The Isle of Man MD4K
Morroco CN3A

Curacao PJ2T
Martinique FM5BH
Mexico XE1RCS
Lots of Canada including an AB and a SK
Ecuador HD2A
The Virgin Islands KV4FZ
and Alaska KL7RA

Thanks to everyone here and thanks for all who helped with the beverage it
actually made the difference, now to get something up so
they can here my 150W station.

   73 fer nw es gud DX,
QSL VIA: LotW, BUR, e-QSL
Bob AD5VJ
http://www.ad5vj.com/
Old Calls WB5ZQU, WY5L/KH3, KE5CTY, N5IET