Topband: Conditions past few days

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Conditions past few days
From: Merv Schweigert <k9fd@flex.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 08:26:13 -1000
Topband has been hopping at least out here in the Pacific,
Yesterday at sunrise was able to put 30 plus stations in the
log,  today at sunrise 37 more in the log,  SM5EDX was
loudest I have ever heard from EU,   599 some QSB.
Many other 579 signals,  and sorry for the others that I
could not pull out of the QSB,  same story,  hear a couple
letters and then gone.
A61Q was 579 here for some time also but not able to break
the Eu pile ups.
Last nite at sunset I was hearing many EU signals but could
not seem to make it through,  probably due to many mainland
signals so much louder than mine.
Sitting here listening to KL7RA running station for hours on
1830,  its 1 and 1/2 hours after sunrise and I am hearing EU
calling him,  this is about the longest after sunrise I have
heard signals still coming in.  Many times an hour after but
this is unusual.
I hope this is a good sign for the contest.  And I hope this is
the break of the Jan doldrums that usually happen for a week
or two.
See you on the sunrise path..  73 Merv KH7C