Topband: Report From E. TX

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Report From E. TX
From: "Phil Clements" <philc@texascellnet.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:39:00 -0600
Things are looking up!
Yesterday morning (Sunday) at my sunrise, HS0ZEE was Q5 from about
1240-1250Z. The signal was coming from due south; no doubt about it being
the first LP action of 2009 at this QTH. Also, this has to indicate the
long-awaited return of ducting between Texas and Asia. I did not get into
the log, but a guy in the Dallas-Ft.Worth area did. The opening was short
and sweet, with little competition from the JA's.

I tried again this morning; 1230-1310Z; he sent a few CQ's and then left.
He was extremely weak here. (So were the JA's; not like yesterday morning.)
The path today was via SP (North Pole) and of a brief duration. I did not
hear anyone work him.

This lifts my spirit; I think a QSO is doable this season, maybe in a couple
of weeks. Zones 23, 24, and 26 are very tough from Texas, always.

You guys that keep up with the cosmic winds; did they die down for a while
yesterday? At any rate, the duct did conduct!

Happy Hunting!

Phil, K5PC