Re: Topband: CQ 160 weird ideas

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: CQ 160 weird ideas
From: "on4ww" <on4ww@pandora.be>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 17:02:08 +0100
From: "Tree" <tree@kkn.net>
> I am thinking of perhaps trying to work some of the contest in SPLIT mode.
> Perhaps I can transmit up near 1900 kHz - away from QRM and listen
> somewhere
> in the 1810-1850 kHz "window".
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Tree N6TR

Brrr....this will cause even more havoc...
Suppose u start listening on 1815, and there's S59A calling cq...
Suppose I can hear u in between his CQ's, but he doesn't hear you 'coz no
propagation between the two of you'.
And suppose I start calling you...guess S59A won't appreciate that, will he
not?

I think this is a NO NO Tree. Hope to cu next weekend (or before)!

73 - Mark - on4ww.