Re: Topband: mast

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: mast
From: Kevin Schavee <n0cwrham@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 12:16:48 -0600
About the same here or "Me too" situation!

I'd recommend an Inv-L as I opted for an Inverted L. with my mast (My
80m antenna) mast is my vertical support for 160m inv-L. Single
feedline to both on a city lot. Plenty of 80m radails. A few crooked
160m radials.

I had tried a short 160m vertical. Too narrow and needed capacitance
or a  tuner. I wasn't heard.

Still, either probably not best receive antennas.

Use plenty of radials. Seems to be a big deal!

After one year stuck at #92 for a couple weeks now.

Recently not hearing JW/ stations.
Missed working ZD8, as mostly never heard.
About 25 more or so of the woulda/coulda/should ofs new ones noted
this past year. Tough getting over East Coast. City noise. Better
receive antenna.

Some "Easy ones" missed!

160m is hard!
73 es GL