Re: Topband: BOG

To: "Petr Ourednik" <indians@xsmail.com>, <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: BOG
From: "Ryszard Tymkiewicz" <rtym@ippt.gov.pl>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 10:40:01 +0100
I would like to ask beverage guru's over here if somebody using BOG
successfully or if somewhere is chart of the functional BOG as I heard about
that
solution mostly  negative feedback.
73 - Petr, OK1RP

Petr&All..
My garden is only 30m x 30m ,so I'm using only temporary Beverages if there
is "a need" . Beverages are installed on a public land where are paths and
people
are walking with dogs etc. Because of that at least half of Beverages (which
are
usually 250m long) are put on the ground hidden in a grass. The wire I use
is thin
about 0,7 mm to have it "invisible" .
My main receiving antenna since many years is K9AY  and is working very well
but
these BOGs are much better anyway.

                        73 GL
                        Rys