Topband: Pacific KH7 conditions

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Pacific KH7 conditions
From: Merv Schweigert <k9fd@flex.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 08:42:23 -1000
As Tree mentioned things have been hopping to say the least.
Numbers not that good,  AU alerts,  but the band continues
to bring forth surprises daily.   I have been more of less shut
out of EU for the past couple days.  Just an occasional qso,
but the propagation to Africa and south has been much
better.   Sunrise still brings in a few good Eu signals but also
some goodies from Asia,
9M6 (Bob MD0CCE) continues with a good signal, and
also 9M6XRO,  XW1B was a pleasant surprise and new
one,  EY8MM with his 599 signal was new for me, and
then helped me to snag A7/M0FGA just as he was going
QRT today.   Of course 5K0 and HC, D44,  and 3X5 was
booming in last nite,  was really making my day to put them
all in the log.
Not to speak of  the KH0, BY, BA, BV, VR, HL,  etc
that have been on with great signals.
This has been one super season so far,  of course when you
are way down to the pole like me, new ones are easier to
find,  but none the less exciting to work.
New call here, seems to work ok,  sure shorter than using
the old one,  maybe will help in the QRN on top band.
73 and GL in the contest, should be interesting.
Merv KH7C   (K9FD/KH6)