Topband: DX Engineering ARAV2-1P Receive Antenna

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: DX Engineering ARAV2-1P Receive Antenna
From: "Jay Camac" <n4ox@frontiernet.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 19:56:48 -0600
Is anyone using a single DX Engineering ARAV2-1P vertical receive antenna on
160 or 80 meters? I have one and it doesn't seem to be working very well at
all. Yes, I have communicated with DX Engineering who gave me several things to
check which I have and all check out ok. I realize this is not a Beverage
antenna, but think it should work better than it is. I have tried adding
radials which didn't change anything. If you have one, I'd like to talk with
you off list and ask you some practical questions.