Topband: 5K0T Update

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 5K0T Update
From: GEORGE WALLNER <gwallner@the-beach.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 08:32:52 -0500
G'day Topbanders,

Last night 5K0T was not on 160: the inv L broke (again) in
the 60 kts (100 km/hr +) winds. Will try to fix it today
if the weather lets up: continous heavy rain and hight
winds for the past 5 days.

Often QRN is very high from the numerous thunderstorms
around. We are also experiencing strong rain static S9+),
sometimes on for hours. Built a pennant that should help
tonight (if we get the inv L fixed).

By the way, for those who sent in reprots of the 5K0T
signal: we used 700 watts and a 18m tall inv L standing in
salt water. No radials.

HPE to CU on the band,

George
AA7JV