Re: Topband: Is my bandswitch wrong? - Boring Report

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Is my bandswitch wrong? - Boring Report
From: Peter Sundberg <sm2cew@telia.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 19:28:26 +0000
At 17:02 2008-11-24 , Tree N6TR/7 wrote:

>Dear Topbanders-
>
>I have just enjoyed the most fantastic weekend on topband I have ever had.
>
>Feels like my bandswitch is really on 40 meters?
>
>I hope many of you were able to get on the band and work some DX.  It seems
>I am in a good place right now as I am enjoying good openings to Europe
during
>morning, afternoon and evening.

I can certainly confirm that topband conditions during the weekend were
something out of the ordinary. Was working NA and Asia at the same time in
the evenings, but the icing on the cake was my full daylight opening to NA
on Saturday. I worked stations all over NA, all day, the band just kept
going after sunrise. On a seemingly dead band, my CQ's were greeted with
replies from one station after the other, all solid signals here with
little QSB.

In the afternoon (GMT) on Sat/Sun I was working the west coast, short path
from here, with excellent signals. K9FD/KH6 super signal, both on Merv's
sunrise and sunset, never thought I would hear Hawaii so strong on toband.

Sunday night the band was wide open to JA/HL, most all of the ones I worked
were true 599 signals with me.

Something to remember..

Big question is.. will conditions improve yet again next weekend.. ??!

73 de Peter SM2CEW
www.sm2cew.com
http://blog.sm2cew.com