Re: Topband: snow, rain static on inv-l?????

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: snow, rain static on inv-l?????
From: "W7TMT" <w7tmt@dayshaw.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 16:09:41 -0800
N6KB wrote:

" 1) Shunt the antenna with a high value resistor. High enough
> that no significant amount of received signal is dissipated,
> and if it is also a transmit antenna, no significant amount
> of transmit power is dissipated."

And from your experience what value is "high value" and meets all the
criteria you mentioned. I'm thinking about a range here not a specific
number. Further, what defines the range from your experience. In other words
let's assume it is both a transmit and receive antenna (worst case) how is
the range that meets both criteria determined?

Thanks for your time.

73/Patrick
W7TMT