Topband: AM of Nov 21

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: AM of Nov 21
From: Merv Schweigert <k9fd@flex.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 07:06:37 -1000
Conditions are super,  the band is full of signals,
I am hearing several "new ones",  EY7 was very
loud,  but sad to say have not worked anyone
but UA9PC.   QRN level is 30 over 9 again,
there is a large storm front hanging just off to
the west of us for the past couple days and
expected to stay until Tuesday.
So copy between static is almost impossible.
The pile ups were huge on several stations and
I could hear many many EU stations.  Really
frustrating.
The past couple days even between static I hear
some strange noise,  like a hiss noise come and
go.  Reminds me of static build up on an ungrounded
antenna,  ( the antenna here is at ground potential)
The sound builds up and then is later gone.
Looking forward to the new K5 radio with noise
elimination, static dispersal, Ultra ESP detection,
and automatic DX locater and QSO maker.
73 Merv K9FD/KH6