Topband: Oregon High Desert Report

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Oregon High Desert Report
From: "Lee K7TJR" <k7tjr@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:24:02 -0800
   Last night was a night where I got to remember why I put up all
my RX antennas every year. I first had decided to look for Vlad at ER4.
 It was not long before he was in the log with his usual big signal. Then the
 fireworks of a spotlite here started. I worked 18 EU stations through a huge
 opening. Nine of them were calls I had never heard on Top-Band before.
I heard but did not work many more that I have worked multiple times in the
past.
    Normally from here the G3 boys seem hard to work but last night they were
teriffic. G3ROO was s-9 at times. Rag LA5HE was the loudest I have ever
heard him.
    Notable new ones were ER4ER, ON4WW, IK0YVV, DK2FG, DL9RT,ON4ATW
GW3YDX, G3OLB, and CU1CB. Some stations were worked and heard right past
 their sunrise. After watching some switch to 80 meters at sunrise I went there
and worked LA5HE , EI3IO and a few others.
    It was a good evening in the High Desert part of Central Oregon!

Thanks all   Lee  K7TJR