Topband: Conditions 9-21

Subject: Topband: Conditions 9-21
From: Merv Schweigert <k9fd@flex.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 12:47:17 -1000
Had some interesting conditions last nite at 0330z and after,
Not sure if its all conditions or if I can give a little credit to the
new antenna matching network.
I happened into the shack about 0330z an hour before sunset,
I was surprised at the signal strength of US stations on the band,
have heard this many times before but its usually one way,
and working them is almost impossible.
I heard W0RI working SV at 0345z and heard the SV station
also,  very weak but heard him.   I moved down the band and
called cq,  I was very surprised to have several stations answer,
and VE3DO was banging in her with a great signal 45 mins
before my sunset.
Making it stranger was KL7, OA4, FM5 were zero here,  not
a peep at that time,  just at my sunset I could hear them
very weak, and after sunset the band seemed to close.
Thanks to all who drop by and give me a call,  appreciate
getting a report to compare antenna work and conditions so
dont hesitate to call.  Good to see old friends also on again this
year.   73 Merv K9FD/KH6