Topband: Phased staggered beverages

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Phased staggered beverages
From: "VE6WZ_Steve" <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 12:33:11 -0600
I am planning to add a second EU Beverage wire parallel and staggered
about 25 m behind my existing EU wire and use the phase box in the shack
for phasing the two together.

Since the phasing provides the F/B pattern, is it necessary to have the
Bev. wires terminated??  In other words, why not phase two
**bi-directional un-terminated** wires together and use the phase box
switch the pattern around.

I have modeled this with my MININEC program and it seems to look ok, but
I don't trust MININEC for beverage modeling.

Anyone done this??

de steve ve6wz.