Re: Topband: VP9RI on 160m ...Hmmmm?

To: Topband <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: VP9RI on 160m ...Hmmmm?
From: Brendan Minish <ei6iz.brendan@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 19:58:02 +0100
On Sun, 2008-08-24 at 09:46 -0400, g4puq@aol.com wrote:

> A couple of things a remarkable about the QSO - having checked my grey
> line chart it seems I made a G-VP9 qso well before his sunset ( and in
> August). I had also been working on my new inv-L for the coming season
> yesterday afternoon and I made this QSO on the remaining vertical
> length of wire from the old Inv-L.

I worked VP9RI last night too. It all seemed a bit odd frankly. No
mention of VP9RI on any band or mode in the past on the dxclsuter
system.

He was stronger on my East facing beverage than my west facing one.
It also took me a while to work Him as he was hearing DL much better
than EI
I worked him at 22.23 a half hour Before VP9 sunset.

I am not holding my breath for a QSL card

73
Brendan EI6IZ

--
Don‘t complain. Nobody will understand. Or care. And certainly don‘t try
to fix the situation yourself. It‘s dangerous. Leave it to a highly