Topband: 1905-1915: DX Listening Window for JA DX

To: Topband <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 1905-1915: DX Listening Window for JA DX
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 15:55:14 -1000
JAs are allowed to transmit down around 1820 kHz now. (what is the exact
allocation there?) I have not had much luck listening for JAs in the
1910 kHz area since they got the new allocation. I miss that, because it
was easier to hear weak JAs up there, with almost nobody else there. The
JAs would listen on the 18xx frequency corresponding to their 19xx
transmit frequency, unless they specified otherwise. I thought the
limits up there were 1907.5 - 1912.5. I guess the RAC band plan does not
necessarily have to be the same as the JA allocation.

DE N6KB