Topband: EWE + EMI/RFI Shilding

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: EWE + EMI/RFI Shilding
From: Rune Øye <la7tha@tussa.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 10:35:57 +0200
Hello all.

Tnx to all that have sendt me reply here on reflector or direct to me about EWE
antenna and EMI/RFI shilding @ remote qth.
About EMI/RFI shilding i have an small story hi.

January 5-6 years ago, i did my usual antenna experiments in -20 deg C.
My great idea was to make magnetic loop for topband in my car roof box, or what
someone call
an granny boks in UK.

All made up and tested in my kitchen and i even work an uk station on cw.

So, all well install loop made of RG213 and high voltage cap for adjustments in
my roof box.
In my car and happy to try my new antenna, but zero signal when i turned my
IC706 ON.
Well broken connection or something was my firsth thought.
Roof box off and brought in to the kitcen the roof box was open radio connected
and all works well.
Lots of trafic was in my receiver.
OK, out again installed roof boks etc.
In the car turned my icom 706 on but nil signal Hmmmmmm -20 deg and my patient
start to runn out.

The tranceiver was on and i open the roof boks and "what" my receiver get Alive
again.
 So Granny box are mad up off som stuff that contain Carbon.
Carbon and RF = zero reception on my receiver when roof box was closed hi hi.
so here is my toughtt about this product www.lessemf.com/paint.html
any sugestion HI HI

73 all from Rune LA7THA.

: la7tha@tussa.com