Topband: Longwire at CP4BT

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Longwire at CP4BT
From: "Keith Jillings (G3OIT)" <keith.g3oit@jillings.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 10:54:02 +0100
I replied to Bill's request yesterday, with a direct copy to CP4BT.

Claus received it, and we've had an exchange since - but the Reflector
version hasn't appeared.   I suppose I'm doing something wrong again :(

When I have more details of Claus's antenna layout and his options, I'll
post them back in here.  His present antenna is a 78m wire, suspended
from the church tower and crossing to the cliffs behind.  I think (not
sure yet) the feed end is at or close to ground level, so it's something
like an inverted L half-wave.   I've suggested feeding it with a
matching unit at the antenna, not with coax from a matching unit in the
shack.

I'm happy to translate to and from German;  the collected wisdom of the
reflector will be invaluable when we have the details of his setup.

Keith