Topband: 2 wire Beverage transformers

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 2 wire Beverage transformers
From: Dave Blaschke <w5un@wt.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 16:49:12 +0000
I am attempting to learn how to construct the transformers T1, T4,
and T5B shown in ON4UN's manual, Table 7-35,  for a two wire
Beverage. The actual 2-wire Beverage is shown in Figure 7-98. Twin
wire impedance is 172 ohms, and the  "above ground" impedance is 545
ohms. Feedline coax is 75 ohms. I do not see any place in John's
article showing how the turns ratios shown are determined. Is there
an "expert" on this reflector who can give me some feedback on
this?  What I'm looking for is formulas to determine the said
transformers turns ratios.

Dave, W5UN