[TowerTalk] Cushcraft R5 sealing of the traps, What sealent to use?

To: topband@contesting.com, towertalk@contesting.com, Commander John <hamradio_w9zy-2@yahoo.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft R5 sealing of the traps, What sealent to use?
From: Commander John <crazytvjohn@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 15:44:34 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All
  I have a cushcraft R5. I purchased this at a flea market.  I have it all
cleaned up ready to put it together.  But one last step remains.  The traps.
  I took the capacitor clamp arms off one at a time and cleaned the aluminum
with steel wool and replaced the stainless bolts etc. This one had the sealant
used by Cushcraft under the Black shrink tubing also under the capacitor clamps
too.  I cleaned this away, and reinstalled the clamps. The black shrink
covering is OK.

  I need a sealant to put on the ends of the black shrink tubing to weather
proof it.  I was thinking of Duco glue which I have.  Maybe you got a better
idea.  If it works and has been proven in the weather so much the better.
  john w9zy

  vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv w9zy

  W9ZY
                .... Commander John ....