Topband: What is the beacon on 1810.4

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: What is the beacon on 1810.4
From: Henry Jack <n6xq@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 17:25:05 -0700 (PDT)
Hola de Peru,

  I have on several occasions heard a beacon on 1810.4 but cannot seem to pull
out the call.  It send V's de ?????  Sends a power level I think of 10 Watts
and a long dash.  I am pretty sure this is an amateur signal and not a
driftnet. Anyone have a positive ID?

It is now Fall in Peru and the noise has dropped a little bit but the activity
also has...so not much excitement here.  Did finally work VK3ZL for a new one.

Good news..I am now OA4TT...A little bit shorter than OA4/N6XQ.

73  Jack