Topband: KH6CC- sk

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: KH6CC- sk
From: "Wolf Ostwald" <df2py@t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 18:32:07 +0200
Hi reflectees !

It is with deep regret that i acknowledge the homegoing of Jack Wheeler. For
a many years he was the only ham in the islands who was producing a workable
signal on topband in EU. Even on the upper bands with a marvellous signal
across the pole ,notably 30 m once in a while. I cherish the topband cards
he sent me, silver on black background. One could count on him to be QRV at
EU sundown and sunrise. People who visited him told about the great, mostly
homebrewed station at the boundary of Parker Ranch. Sure a great place for
radio.Sure , he was no plug-and-play guy, and lets hope that in his steps he
has many followers.

Thanks for many thrilling QSOs Jack -    Aloha, to wherever You may be now
df2py