Topband: 160 m QSO/QSL

To: ei2cn@arrl.net, TopBand <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 m QSO/QSL
From: "Louis Anciaux" <hp3xug@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 06:03:44 +0000
Hola Doug,
Thanks for catching me this late eve on 160.  My Rcv condx are poor with
huge power line buzz, mostly S9 and more in narrow filter.

When I finally got your call, was nice to get into Ireland again, I
thought.  I knew I needed a QSL, as previous QSO with EJ5GF, never rcvd a
QSL.

However, when things settled down, I went to see who I had QSO'd B4, and
discovered you are my FIRST EI on 160!  But, more than that, after spending
since the Clipperton DX-ped chasing several stations without success to
catch one more; it finally comes from you, for which I am very happy and
pleased to share with you.  Our QSO is my #100 DXCC entity on 160.

I've been on 160 pretty much as a primary focus since Dec '05, employing a
poor Inv L and an IC706 100W rig.  The power lines here in Panama leave
GREAT deal to be desired, and my QRNN  is normally an S9 in the narrow
filter.  Of course, Tropical storms being THE norm here, we have that to
contend with as well.

The new QTH is starting to come together and "maybe" we'll get in within
this next month.  A new and better ant, similar to VK3ZL's and a K9AY for
rcv will be the 1st installed.  Then will commence re-establishing some EME
systems, as have been QRT near 8 yrs from that "Real DX" mode, as well as
SAT.

So, my deep appreciation for putting up with my poor rcv of your sigs (which
actually came up towards the end at quite Q5) and thanks in advance for your
QSL.

Warm 73 to you and yours,
Louis

--