Re: Topband: End Fed Twin Lead Marconi Antenna

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: End Fed Twin Lead Marconi Antenna
From: "W7TMT" <w7tmt@dayshaw.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 05:29:08 -0800
Big snip...

> Orr states this antenna has an impedance close to 50 ohms and
> should match coax without the need of a tuner. I have tried
> building this and cannot obtain a 50 ohm match and have a lot
> of reactance using Orr's measurements.
>
> Thanks,
> Garry - WR4R

Tom, W8JI commented on that antenna in a prior post.
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Topband/2005-07/msg00015.html

I seem to also remember another post where someone (Tom perhaps? - I don't
remember now) said they had talked with Orr about this configuration and he
later agreed that perhaps it didn't work as stated in the book.

73/Patrick
W7TMT