Topband: Friday morning foolishness

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Friday morning foolishness
From: N7DF <n7df@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 06:35:50 -0800 (PST)
This morning VP6DX was 20 over nine on 1822 with very few callers.  I decided
to call him QRP at 5 watts and he came back and said I was a true 599 plus.  So
I reduced power to 1 watt and he said I was still 599.  I then reduced power to
100 milliwatts and he copied me at 559.  He then suggested that we try ESP.  I
increased power to 50 watts and asked him what card I was thinking of.  He
guessed an Ace of Spades but it was actually the King of Hearts.  Guess
propagation wasn?t as good as we thought!

73 From Number 7 Desert Fox

Remember E equals I x R is not just a good idea.  It is THE LAW