Topband: TBR-160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: TBR-160
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 01:47:30 -0600
Just recently acquired a TBR-160 to mount on my Butternut 6BTV-

Couldn't sleep tonight, so just got up for a cup of coffee to relax by and came
into the shack to see what was on Top Band with the
new TBR-160 - figured I might hear some DX and maybe work some more South
America or Nova Scotia.

Well, no such luck only heard one DX station - G3PQA in England (1.826.44).

He sure sounded loud compared to South America even. I was in shock and my
senses left me. So thought I would give it a try.

Even though I knew he would not be able to hear me with my messily 200W and a
very short vertical using the Butternut 6BTV and the
TBR-160.

No one has heard me in EU from this QTH since we moved here and I had to take
down the 'T' vertical from the old location.

Well, I was wrong, he gave me a 579 and I gave him the same report both with a
little QSB.

Gentlemen if you want to get on Top Band, get a Butternut and a TBR-160 if you
cant do the beverage and 145 foot tower thing.

Still am going to try the inverted L,
man if its better than this I cant wait!!!

It works. :)

Bob AD5VJ