Re: Topband: Ant Analyzer Assistance request -- funky readings

To: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>,"Rick Hiller" <rhiller@sdicgm.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Ant Analyzer Assistance request -- funky readings
From: "Harold Smith" <w0rihps@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 22:15:34 -0600

> Adding a filter in series with the analyzer is NOT a solution -- the
> impedance of the filter would be added to the impedance of the antenna.
>
> 73,
>
> Jim Brown K9YC

Jim: MFJ makes a filter for the 259 and etc.

I believe that it must be a series resonate circuit across the input,
tunable to the interfering stations freq. Z=0.

I had to take my old fashion VSWR bridge to the base of my tower to tune my
Omega Match shunt feed.
I ran 10 watts and turned the sensitive all the way up on the bridge and
tuned for Zero reflected power at 1830.0 kHz.
At 10 watts, you can still get an RF bite. My VSWR was 1.0:1. 2.0:1 range is
about 50 kHz.

80 ft Rohn 45G with a Telrex 20M546 at 80 ft. Hygain 15 3el at 90 ft and
Hygain 10 3el at 100ft.

Vacuum variables in the Omega match shunt feed for 160. Gets out great.

73 Price W0RI