Topband: Partial Radial System

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Partial Radial System
From: "Hirsch Chizever" <htchizever@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 07:48:14 -0600
I've received a number of requests for the responses that people sent me
directly regarding a partial radial system. The original question was:

> I have a property restriction which makes ground radials possible only

> over 180 degrees of the ground plane. What will be the impact of a

> half ground plane.

The responses aligned on two major themes: First, there would be a higher
angle of radiation on the non-radial side; and second, that many of us have
a variety of property restrictions that make a full ground plane impossible
- so we just make do. I was actually surprised at how many folks with
partial radial systems had achieved such great DXCC counts - even using a
quarter ground plane.

- Hirsch, KW0V