Topband: 160 last night and this AM - Castalia report

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 last night and this AM - Castalia report
From: "Dan Kovatch" <w8car@buckeye-express.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 08:31:01 -0500
Condx were unusually quiet here last night. No street lights, car ignitions,
hums or squeeks. The band was very alive with EU but not huge signals-seems
like I could work anyone I could hr including TA3D, Some Russia, and the
usual EU lineup. At about 0600 the band seemed to be getting a little thin
and I had worked everyone I could hear so I went to bed.

Thought that I'd try JA path this a.m., which is very tough for me both on
RCVR and XMIT. Still managed to wrk JA1HQT and JR7VHZ with good signals. I
could hr VK3IO who was really down and had no peak at my sunrise. Spent 10
minutes calling RW0CN and think he got part of my call but QSB took him out
after sunrise (12:57Z)

Not a bad way to start my 60th year on the planet!

HNY to all and CU on topband