Topband: MFJ-1026 question

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: MFJ-1026 question
From: Peter Dougherty <w2irt@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 23:03:35 -0500
Hi all,

I'm just starting to play with my 1026 and I have a question or two.
I'm using a 20' vertical wire as my sense antenna and my K9AY loop as
my main antenna and I'm finding that I can't use the preamp at all if
I'm to get any cancelling on the 1026. My settings arey 7-10-10 with
the invert switch out. I can get rid of the AC line noise on 80 with
it to a pretty good degree but not entirely. adjusting the levels
doesn't do much beyond that point. Is there a way I can use the
preamp and still get noise cancelling out of this?

Secondly, the manual indicates this unit is good for approximately
100W. I'd like to run my TX antennas through this box, but has
anybody had success (or failure) running more? I have a Mark V
transceiver and on 30m I like to run the full 200W legal-limit from
the radio. I'm afraid of damaging the 1026 if I do so. Any experience
one way or the other?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Peter,